Pasta With Asparagus and Ham
by March 28, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
Use linguine, bucatini, perciatelli, or spaghetti in this delicious pasta dish. The simple Parmesan cheese sauce brings the dish together nicely. Serve it with a Caesar salad or tossed green salad. Substitute some diced cooked bacon for the ham if you'd like.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Snap off woody ends of asparagus and discard. Cut the asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add the pasta and 2 teaspoons of salt. Cook the pasta following the package directions for timing. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus to the onion and garlic mixture along with the sliced mushrooms; cook for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth and basil; increase the heat to high and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by about one-third.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the heavy cream and red bell pepper; cook for an 3 minutes longer.
- Add the drained pasta, one cup of the Parmesan cheese, and the kosher salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until well blended and hot.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4 to 6
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Ham, Asparagus, and Fettuccine
Basic Homemade Gnocchi
Spaghetti and Cheese Casserole
Macaroni and Cheese With White Cheddar and Fontina Cheeses