Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks
by March 28, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
This crispy buttermilk chicken is actually baked, not fried! The seasoned coated chicken starts in a hot pan. I used chicken drumsticks, but whole legs may be used as well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Put the chicken pieces in a large zip-close food storage bag. Add the buttermilk and hot sauce to the bag. Squeeze and turn the bag to coat the chicken thoroughly. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat the oven to 450 F. Line a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan with heavy duty foil. Place the butter in the pan and place it in the oven until the butter has melted.
- Combine the flour and seasonings in a bowl or another food storage bag; stir or shake the bag to blend.
- Coat the chicken drumsticks with the flour mixture and arrange them in the malted butter.
- Bake the drumsticks in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken pieces and continue baking for about 20 to 30 minutes longer, or until the chicken is tender and golden brown.
4 to 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Spicy Fried Chicken Breasts
Oven Fried Chicken
Chicken Fingers With Dipping Sauce