Baked Apples With Brown Sugar Oat Topping
by March 28, 2017,
Photo Credit: Dianaskitchen.com
Baked apples are an easy choice for dessert. They are delicious with a drizzling of sweet cream. The apple crisp streusel topping is the perfect finishing touch for these baked apples. Choose a good baking apple for this recipe. Braeburn, Cortland, Empire, Fuji, Rome Beauty, and Gala are some good choices.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour 5 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Core the apples without cutting all the way through to the bottom. With a sharp knife or melon baller, enlarge the center cavity to make room for the crumb mixture.
- Arrange the apples in the prepared baking dish.
- Stuff the apples with the crumb mixture and then sprinkle remaining crumbs over the apples.
- Cover the baking dish loosely with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 to 60 minutes, or until the apples are fork-tender.
- Serve the stuffed baked apples with cream or whipped cream.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Apple Brown Betty
Apple Upside-Down Cake